photo LeftBracket_Bar_zps8f243bab.pngKBatty photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngMy Shop photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngMyWork photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngFreebies photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngPress photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngContact photo RightBracket_Bar_zps19e593b7.png

Thursday, January 20, 2011

2011 here I come!


Here we are, Readers! Starring down the barrel of 2011. What in the world will this year bring?

There are lots of things that I would like to see happen this year but they all boil down to 2 main things: 1. Produce more work & 2. FOCUS!!

2010 marked the beginning of my adventures in blogging & making my Etsy shop/design business a priority. But, Life has a tendency to take over & it's easy for both of those things (in essence, my professional life) to take a back seat to whatever personal drama is unfolding. If we are friends off line, then you know I have already faced that challenge this year. However, I feel that if I set small goals for each day, I am making progress toward productivity. So that is how I will accomplish goal number 1.

Goal number 2 is a bit of a toughy & I set it because I felt ineffective as a business person this year, letting myself get distracted easily. If I want to be a success, I need to keep my eye on the prize. So, focus. Focus on the task at hand. Do one thing at a time. It’s so easy to feel that you are drowning when you are starting out in business. There is so much to learn (how do I harness Twitter? What do I say on my Facebook page?) and even more to do. So, this year, I have resolved to let some of those things go. I can’t learn everything at once. I will learn more by taking a deep breath & concentrating on the task at hand.

Oh, and I have a mantra – well, maybe not a mantra, but something inspirational. The picture above was my fortune cookie the other night after dinner. I thought it was a good sign. It is a reminder that doing everything may not be as important as doing the right things. I taped it in my notebook for further reference.

I have a few plans for new designs & new blog features this year. Stay tuned! I have a great feeling about 2011!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...