photo LeftBracket_Bar_zps8f243bab.pngKBatty photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngMy Shop photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngMyWork photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngFreebies photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngPress photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngContact photo RightBracket_Bar_zps19e593b7.png

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Recharging...



Hi Sports Fans!

It is time for my summer vacation. Usually, I take the full month of August off. Just from the blog. And this year will not be an exception.

Usually about this time of the year, I have been blessed with some wedding orders & pretty much ignored my retail business. If I don't schedule this time away from the blog, I will never get back to it. For the next month, I'll be working on new designs, updating old ones, preparing for the fall & holiday seasons. And who knows what else.

I'll also be recharging my batteries. My creative batteries that is. Time away from this blog gives me ideas for posts, products & projects I want to take on. It is SO. IMPORTANT to have this time. I ALMOST didn't take it this year. For the first time since I started this blog, I'm actually a little afraid of the radio silence. I could just write a bunch of posts & schedule them, which would keep my traffic up. But, I have to be honest. I need a break. Even though the industry advice is to have 2 weeks of posts in your back pocket, by this time of the year, my pockets are empty. And Mama needs a break.

So! I'll see you back here, starting with a Tuesday Talk on September 3rd. Anyone else getting away before "back to school?" Bonne vacances!

PS Don't forget you can check in on me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we certainly all need a creative break-and I always find that once I've had that break, my creativity comes back stronger than ever. Hope you are enjoying your "vacation" :) I recently took a nice little vaca to a cabin in the woods that included time off from all internet and cell phone usage--it was a much needed break from the daily grind.

Kerry B. said...

Hi Molly! Thanks so much for your comment! Yes...I definitely feel the creative juices returning. Very excited for the fall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...