photo LeftBracket_Bar_zps8f243bab.pngKBatty photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngMy Shop photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngMyWork photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngFreebies photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngPress photo dividerbar_zps57c5d6ab.pngContact photo RightBracket_Bar_zps19e593b7.png

Monday, February 20, 2012

Hello, Lover!

  
Please welcome the newest member of the K. Batty family - the Canon Rebel T3i/600D. After a mishap with some salt water back in October, I've been DSLR-less. It's been rough. But, thanks to the No-Sales-Tax sale at Calumet Photo this weekend & lots of help from Mr. B & the Calumet staff, I was able to bring this baby home today.

What I love about it: It's SOOOOOOOOOO freakin' light. The features are all upgrades since my previous Rebel was the very first one Canon ever made, so I won't list them all. It's like climbing out of a Model T into a space ship as far as I'm concerned.

What I am not sure about: Did I upgrade enough? I was ready to step up in cameras for a while, but the miser in me just kept shooting with my golden-oldie Rebel. I wanted a 50D - no longer made by Canon. The model that replaces it, the 60D, was a bit heavy & the grip made my hands feel smaller than that already are. Perhaps the 50D would have been the same, but the 60D felt like taking an elephant gun to hunt a mouse. The small differences in technology will have to wait...

What I got in the box: I went with the start kit because my old wide angle zoom was also part of the saltwater disaster. But!! I looked at a 50mm fixed focal point lens for shooting my cards. Gotta sell some more of those first...

Prepare yourself for an up-tick in product photos! The battery is still charging, but then I'm taking this bad boy for a spin!

1 comment:

Kelley, Sailing Chance said...

I have the 50mm lens if you don't want to buy one before you try it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...