This week has been business, business, business. Last minute orders going out. Thoughts turning to the next year. I have been reading like a mad woman. Here are my top 5 resources:
1. Blacksburg Belle - written by April Olin, a former indie business owner turned indie business coach. She saw a hole in the market when looking for resources to help move her business forward. She bravely shuttered her shop to help other small creative business people build theirs.
2. I will continue to sing the praises of my Etsy street team, EtsyNY. We have such great sellers who are full of resources & always willing to share them. I just found a post on our blog about all the monitoring & analytics tools you can use to track your shop, blog, whatever! Yes! There is more than Google Analytics! And some of these - like Hubspot - give you advice on how to improve where you need it.
3. Mayi Carles - of the Heartmade Blog. If you are an indie creative business person, Mayi is a familiar face, unless you live under a rock. This video from last Friday about social media was both a great reminder of best practices & taught me something new.
4. Rena Tom - I love her newsletter & often find myself combing through her archives for whatever information I need...and finding it. So helpful! She is probably coming to NYC in early May & I hope I get to see her speak.
5. Via Twitter, I found Stephanie Peterson & Fairground Media this week. Already I'm in love. She has a great post about how to talk & not to talk to your customers on social media. After reading her post, it feels like a no brainer approach. Next thing I knew I'd read 5 more of her articles. Several are booked marked for later.
There are more resources to share & plenty more people I follow or read here & there. If you want to know more, let me know in the comments! These are just the top 5 from this week...